Skip Navigation Links
25 November 2022

Greenpeace plastics petition

Greenpeace plastics petition

Written by  Lydia P who is part of our Eco Society

We often hear that plastic pollution in our oceans is piling up and it can be worrying to think that young people’s futures could be affected by microplastics from the pollution in our food and water. Many of us try our best to recycle packaging regularly, but did you know that only 12% of our plastic waste is recycled in the UK? The other 88% of our plastic waste is burnt, buried in landfill or dumped on other countries to deal with. Inevitably some of this waste that isn’t recycled is making its way into our seas and natural places and degrading habitats and beautiful places here in the UK and in every corner of the world. Other than continuing to recycle as much as you can and reducing consumption you can also sign this petition from Greenpeace to decrease the effect that plastic will have on you and your children’s future. As students, we want a pollution-free and hopeful future ahead of us so please take a minute to sign your name below.

Sign here: https://act.gp/3asVhoT 


Other News

  • News
    02 December 2022

    GDST 150: An Evening of Celebration

    O...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Nursery learn about the Nativity

    O...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Tenovus Lovelight Carol Concert 2022

    O...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Crucial Crew with Year 6

    Y...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Year 9 meets with Show Racism the Red Card

    T...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Science Club create Oobleck

    S...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Senior School Celebration Tea – Thursday 1st December 2022

    M...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Howell's string quartet performs at Light Up A Life

    H...

  • News
    02 December 2022

    Positively You coach Years 10 and 11

    T...