President: Mrs Sally Davis
Secretary: Mrs Sue Rayner (née Davies)
In 1906 the Hywelian Guild was founded by twelve enthusiastic ex-students and members of staff, together with the Headmistress, Miss Kendall. The aims were to keep former students in touch with the school and with each other, to further the interests of the school and to help members who needed professional or financial assistance.
These aims still hold true today and from small beginnings the membership of the Guild grew steadily. It now has over 2,000 members, mainly in the United Kingdom but also in many other countries. Each year the Guild produces an attractive magazine which gives news about Hywelians and highlights of the past year in the school and the Guild, as well as advertising future events. Branches of the Guild exist in Australia and the USA, as well as in Bridgend, West Wales, Southern England, London and Scotland. There are hopes of a new branch in Shrewsbury/Midlands.
At this year’s AGM in January, a number of changes were made to strengthen the links with the school. The AGM itself has been moved to the summer, and from 2013 will take place on the same day as the Summer Lunch. The lunch will now be held on the last Saturday in June each year. Additionally, Hywelians are invited to the Spring and Summer concerts at school, and to the Open Day which the school holds in the Autumn.